Newtown Soccer Club Memorial Day Tournament Check-In Procedure
OPTION 1: ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Deadline for online registration is Friday May 18, 2018
- An automated response will reject teams that send e-mails after this time. There will be no exceptions or extensions allowed!
- All teams will receive a confirmation e-mail stating that their check-in documents were complete no later than: Monday May 21, 2018
- Instructions for checking in by e-mail can be found below: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- If there are questions please e-mail Newtown
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE:
1. Fill in and print the NSC MMD Team Information Sheet.
a. US Club Teams need to provide:
- One (1) copy of the US Club Roster (see “Frequently Asked Questions” below about adding guest players)
- A copy of each US Club Players Passes (ONLY front must be copied)
- A copy of each guest players US Club Player Passes (ONLY front must be copied)
- Print, read and sign the NSC MMD Rules/Policy Acknowledgement
b. US Youth Soccer Teams need to provide:
- One (1) copy of the State Approved Roster (see “Frequently Asked Questions” below about adding guest players)
- A copy of each US Youth Soccer Player Passes (ONLY front must be copied)
- A copy of each guest players US Youth Soccer Player Passes (ONLY front must be copied)
- Teams outside of Region 1 need to provide a signed permission to travel form. Check with your State association for the appropriate form. (Region 1 teams include: ME, NH, VT, MA, NJ, RI, PAE, PAW, NYE, NYW, CT, MD, DE, VA, WV)
c. Print, read and sign the NSC MMD Rules/Policy Acknowledgement
3. After you have read and signed the appropriate documents to register your team please do the following:
- Save all files as a single PDF document (We will not accept other file types i.e. JPEG, TIFF, or Word) with the following naming convention Gender/Age Group/ Club and team name, e.g., BU12NSCBlue02.pdf
- Instruction on how to combine files http://www.wikihow.com/Merge-PDF-Files
- Email the document to
and in the subject line of the e-mail include the following:
NSC MMD Tournament Registration [Gender/Age Group/team name]
OPTION 2: ONSITE REGISTRATION
Onsite Registration will take place at base camp located near the grass soccer field at Treadwell Park (39 Philo Curtis Rd, Sandy Hook, CT 06482). You must show up 1-hour before your first game to have your documents checked.
WHAT TO BRING FOR ON-SITE REGISTRATION:
1. Two (2) copies of your State Association, League or US Club approved roster.
2. Current Player passes for each participating player.
3. Guest players information should be written at the bottom of the official roster(s) being submitted.
4. Printed signed copy of the NSC MMD Team Information Sheet.
5. Printed signed copy of the NSC MMD Rules/Policy Acknowledgement
If I checked my team in via email, will I receive an email confirming that my roster has been approved?
Yes - all teams will receive an email confirming their roster has been approved. This will be your official tournament roster. You must bring this to the tournament with you and may be asked to show it along with your original player cards to the Field Marshal (FM) prior to every game. This email will be sent no later than one week prior to the tournament start date.
If a player is not attending the event do I leave their name on the roster?
No, if a player is not attending the event; you need to cross their name off of the roster.
What is the maximum number of guest players a team can bring to the event?
A maximum of two (2) guest players will be allowed. If a team has no guest players, USYSA teams may roster up to the maximum permitted for their age group according to the tournament rules. A maximum of two (2) guest players will be allowed on a team but only to bring the number of players on the approved roster for the tournament to a maximum of 18 (for 11v11) or 16 (for 9v9), or 12 (for 7v7). That is, no guest players are permitted on any team with a tournament roster of more than the maximum. E.g. if an 11v11 team has two guest players, it may have no more than 16 regularly rostered players.
How do I add a guest player?
Step 1: Obtain the guest players current player card and medical release form.
Step 2: Copy your original roster. Please hand write the guest player’s full name, unique jersey number, player identification number and birthday below the bottom of the existing rostered players.
How do I add a guest player after I emailed my registration information?
Due to the size of the tournament, teams will not be allowed to resubmit their roster on-line after the deadline. Instead teams will be allowed to resubmit their roster during the on-site check-in dates and times. If your team resubmits their roster they must follow the directions for on-site registration.
Medical Release Forms
Do I include the medical release forms in the online check-in procedure?
No but make sure your Manager has a copy of the Medical Release forms with them throughout the tournament.